Mrs Rosehip is an Art Historian, and she studied history of Art at the Leiden University. She was an art journalist and the editor in chief of an Art Magazine, specialized in contemporary art. When she was a young girl she had 2 passions: art and bags. She worked in the art world until the year she turned 50. In that year she quit her job as an editor in chief and did a career change and started a second career in the world of bagmaking. Mrs. Rosehip had a bag-education in The Netherlands and in Belgium. And she followed a masterclass at Atelier Peter Nitz (Zürich), http://www.peternitz.com.
Mrs. Rosehip designs handbags with their own signature: in pleated leather. Designed for non-conformists, who underline their personal style with a bag full of character.
Together with her team of selected bagmakers, all bags are designed and produced in The Netherlands, in her own studio.
Some major achievements:
- her work was shown in the exhibition Bags, Icons and Investment together with famous brands such as Chanel, Dior, Hermès, Prada, Gucci and other quirky Dutch brands such as Bas Kosters. See news and events for pics. Curator: Liza Snook (http://www.virtualshoemuseum.com), museum: http://www.spielzeug-welten-museum-basel.ch.
- she won De Bijenkorf Prijs in 2017 as best female entrepreneur of The Hague, the prize was a pop-up store in De Bijenkorf
- her bags were shown and you could buy them at the shop of Museum of Bags and Purses (Tassenmuseum Hendrikje), 2016-2018, Amsterdam
- her bags were selected for the exhibition From Mondriaan to Dutch Design, Milaan 2017
- she was selected for the Dutch Pavilion in Milan, during the Salone del Mobile in 2016 and 2017
- for more news about Mrs. Rosehip see News
Mrs. Rosehip Conceptstore
You’ll also find in her studio the Mrs. Rosehip Conceptstore, where we sell bags from other designers. The concept is: designed and made in Europe.