Who is Mrs. Rosehip?
Contact Mrs. Rosehip: email@example.com | +31611315754
Mrs. Rosehip founded cursustassenmaken.nl: a private school for leatherbagmaking in her studio, see http://www.cursustassenmaken.nl for more information.
Mrs. Rosehip Conceptstore
You’ll also find in her studio the Mrs. Rosehip Conceptstore, where we sell bags from other designers. The concept is: designed and made in Europe.
Mrs. Rosehip designs handbags with their own signature. Designed for non-conformists, who underline their personal style with a bag full of character.
Mrs. Rosehips works traditionally: cutting and pleating the leather is done by selected craftsmen. All production is in Europe, sustainable leather- and bag production is an important part in de process of bag making by Mrs. Rosehip.
She is inspired by classical and contemporary art in cosmopolitan cities. The art of pleating was already used in ancient times, it has turned into her personal idiom. That makes a bag of Mrs. Rosehip instantly recognizable.
Mrs. Rosehip had a bag-education in The Netherlands and in Belgium. And she followed a masterclass at Atelier Peter Nitz (Zürich), http://www.peternitz.com.
Some major achievements:
- her work was shown in the exhibition Bags, Icons and Investment together with famous brands such as Chanel, Dior, Hermès, Prada, Gucci and other quirky Dutch brands such as Bas Kosters. See news and events for pics. Curator: Liza Snook (http://www.virtualshoemuseum.com), museum: http://www.spielzeug-welten-museum-basel.ch.
- she won De Bijenkorf Prijs in 2017 as best female entrepreneur of The Hague, the prize was a pop-up store in De Bijenkorf
- her bags were shown and you could buy them at the shop of Museum of Bags and Purses (Tassenmuseum Hendrikje), 2016-2018, Amsterdam
- her bags were selected for the exhibition From Mondriaan to Dutch Design, Milaan 2017
- she was selected for the Dutch Pavilion in Milan, during the Salone del Mobile in 2016 and 2017
- for more news about Mrs. Rosehip see News and Events in the other section of this website